Monday, November 21, 2011

What I'm Grateful For



6:00 a.m. Got up and ran three miles. I'm grateful for my mother-in-law who is happy to hang out at my house while I run with my husband
7:00 a.m. Made breakfast for John, me, and the kids. Got everybody dressed and dropped Joe and Priya off at school. I'm grateful for a good charter school close by.
9:00 a.m. Volunteered in Joe's classroom for an hour. I am grateful for my husband who watches Auralee and Elijah on his day off so I can grocery shop by myself.
10:30 a.m. Did my weekly grocery shopping alone. Glorious! I am grateful for $0.59/lb. organic winter squash. Man, I love squash!
11:00 a.m. Sorted the laundry and started a batch. Vacuumed the kitchen and dining room, prepped it for mopping, did the breakfast dishes, started picking up the house. I am grateful for tile floors and corian countertops. I know it's silly, but it's also pretty, and I am grateful for the home we have been able to rent here in Moab.
12:00 p.m. Switched out the first load of laundry and convinced Auralee to help me sort it. I am grateful for my washer and dryer. It takes half as long as it used to take for a week's worth of laundry in a house of six people.
1:00 p.m. Took Auralee to ballet class, put Elijah down for a nap. Mopped the kitchen floor, cleaned the bathrooms, finished picking up the living room. Did another load of laundry. I am grateful for naptime and for Elijah taking a nice, long nap today.
2:00 p.m. Picked Auralee up from ballet, made us both lunch, let her help me sort another batch of laundry. I am grateful for children who smile and say, "yes, ma'am."
3:15 p.m. Picked up Joe and Priya from school. Came home to find Elijah awake. Made everybody snacks. I am grateful for fruits -- nature's perfect snack food in a biodegradable container.
4:00 p.m. Got everybody dressed to go to the park with Dad. Vacuumed the whole house, mopped the entryway and bathrooms, did another load of laundry, sorted the previous load, started dinner.
5:00 p.m. Finished making dinner. Fed the kids. Convinced everybody to fold and put away their clean clothes. Talked Joe and Priya into cleaning and vacuuming their rooms. Put away Elijah's clothes and helped Auralee with hers. I am grateful for children who do their part and appreciate my part.
6:30 p.m. Sat down to rest for ten minutes. Got everybody bedtime snacks. Got all the kids into their pajamas. Brushed teeth. Read bedtime stories. Gave hugs and kisses. Listened to prayers. Said goodnight. I am grateful for bedtime. More than I can possibly say.
8:00 p.m. Folded and put away my own laundry. Copy-edited another chapter of my novel. I am grateful for peaceful evenings.
9:00 p.m. Read a chapter in the Book of Mormon. Brushed my teeth and got into bed. I am grateful for the plan of salvation. I am grateful for the Book of Mormon, the gathering tool. I am grateful that Heavenly Father created my body so that I need to stop and sleep every day.
10:00 p.m. Posted on our family blog. Went to sleep. I am grateful for tomorrow morning because it's going to be another great day!

3 comments:

B. Surfer said...

WOW! On days like that i'm just exhausted.. but it helps when you have extra grownups around to help with the 'load'. Fun to hear how well you like it in Moab! Ps.. what runners did you end up with? Did you order online or go up N to a running store?

B. Surfer said...

Yes~ come and stay with us! We really do have 2 spare rooms upstairs. I just didn't take pictures of it for the blog. Good luck on the 10K!! You're gonna do great!

i said...

i love squash too. :) you are one awesome mama!