Thursday, December 30, 2010

"Oh bring us some figgy goody"

For years children have been messing up words or fudging them to make whatever sound they desire. One of my mess-ups from my childhood was around my 2nd or 3rd Christmas I used to sing "We wish you a merry Christmas and a happy new ear!" and "O bring us some figgy goody."

I'm proud to announce that Auralee has taken after her father in this. We have a portable DVD player which she terms her "Horrible DVD player." My favorite, however, involves one of the Silly Songs By Larry by veggie tales. If you've never heard the one about Barbara Manatee it's worth a quick Utube search but be cautioned that it's horribly addicting. I've found myself singing it on occasion. The other day I heard Auralee singing the exact jingle with her own sweet words, "Barbecue Manatee (manatee)...you are the one for me (one for me)... sent from up above (up above)..you are the one I love (one I love)."

4 comments:

i said...

i love silly songs with larry....it's even better when Auralee creates new words! ;)

Riss said...

I love it when my kids can't say things correctly. I love how what they call things become what we call them. Abbie says farkle instead of sparkle and it makes me smile just thinking about it. Your family is beautiful and I would love to edit something you have written. Send it on over.

Remember when you were going to teach me French on flashlight duty but I figured out I enjoyed your company so much I wanted to be able to understand what you said? Good times.

kpeg said...

Hey John my dad gave me your blogspot address, glad I found it. Your family is beautiful, the children are adorable. How old is the your baby boy. I have a 10mo. old and he is a handful as well. I tried the email address my dad gave me but it did not work. My email is pegglegg_srp@msn.com, lets keep in touch. How have you been?

Riss said...

Shaunna-na
I can't wait to get your manuscript. I just finished a book and need something good to read. Just let me know if there is anything specific you want me to look for. I can't wait!