Sunday, February 13, 2011

Kids' Fashions

There was a little girl at church today wearing red and gray striped tights, a red and blue striped shirt, and a red dress over the top. It got me thinking about how many fashion tips I have gleaned from my kids. (I've never been that hip.). So here is my list of Everything You Need to Know About Fashion You Can Learn From Your Kids:

1. Stripes match stripes.
2. Princesses match princesses.
3. When layering, always put the shirt you like best on the top, no matter what.
4. As long as you change your pajamas nightly, you only need to change your underwear weekly.
5. The shirt you really want to wear is always clean enough.
6. Flip flops are the universal donor of footwear (they match with everything).
7. All clothes must have the same predominant colors to truly match.
8. Size is relative, as long as the shirt doesn't pull your ears off when your mom yanks it over your head.
9. Don't get stuck in the accessory paradigm (who says a belt can't be a necklace?).
10. Dress-up clothes are appropriate for all occasions. So are blankets.

Sent from my iPad

2 comments:

mistress of chaos said...

your kiddos must have raided my girls closets:)

Angie Larkin said...

Oh that was funny. So true. My kids always try the belt on the head thing etc. Afton is obsessed with layering. Sweaters under t-shirts...a bulky, bulky mess. I'm tired of fighting it.