Saturday, October 9, 2010

Visit to North Bend, OR

I don't like to post a travel log--I don't usually go anywhere worth blogging about. But last weekend, John, Elijah, and I had an all-expense paid trip to southwestern Oregon, and I just had to post some pictures. My family lived in Oregon for three years when I was a teenager, and John happens to be looking at a practice just outside the town where we lived. It's been twenty years since we left, and it's even more beautiful than I remember. We stayed at a vacation rental owned by one of the doctors in the practice. Here's a picture of it.


This is the view you can seen through the front windows:


And here's the lake down the hill where you can boat, fish, camp, play volleyball, swim, and roast marshmallows:


Here's a picture of the docks with fog:

Of course, most of the pictures were taken through the car window as we drove, and they do not do justice to how lush and green it is. But if you're jealous that we might be moving there, just remember: we LOVE visitors. So go ahead and pencil in a visit to Oregon sometime next fall. We'll leave the lights on for ya.

5 comments:

Maria Olsen said...

I love Oregon too. Always so green and lush. Good luck!

cambersue said...

Ya, we totally want to come out there!
Won't you be my neighbor?

monica said...

Great pictures! Oregon looks and sounds wonderful. Fog and all. Shaunna, Oregon is one of our top choices too! It would be fabulous if we lived in the same state again. Better yet, the same block. (I'll keep my fingers crossed) :)

Riss said...

Oregon is beautiful. But, we need good doctors in WV. Don't rule it out - I'm just saying...

Your kids are so cute. Are they as smart as you are yet?

Fiona said...

I vote OR! :) - Good luck with the decision. Better to get stuck somewhere beautiful and inspiring than some podunk town in the middle of nowhere with "a really great personality and benefits."